Impacted wisdom teeth are experienced by teenagers and leads to several dental problems. If you are suffering from a wisdom tooth, then you need to get help from the dentist so that you can get rid of it. You can also get detailed information from a given article about wisdom teeth.
Wisdom teeth are explained as a final set of molars, that usually develop in teenagers. At one time, these teeth play an important role, but only when they are healthy and aligned properly. Once these get stuck under the gum, these are considered as wisdom teeth. Impacted wisdom tooth leads to several other dental problems such as-:
- Tooth decay
- Gum problems
- And other dental problems.
Symptoms of wisdom teeth
Some people won’t notice any sign or problem, whereas several have many signs. If you have a partially impacted wisdom tooth, then you may face difficulty chewing food and it becomes trapped in it. You may also feel difficult to clean it properly. Some symptoms of wisdom teeth are-:
- problems opening your mouth
- pain or swelling around the jaw
- an unpleasant taste in your mouth
- bad breath
- red, swollen, or bleeding gums
Causes of an impacted wisdom tooth
Usually, people suffering from this condition due to certain causes including-:
- Grow straight up or down like other teeth but stay trapped within the jawbone
- When wisdom teeth grow at an angle toward the next tooth or second molar.
- Impacted wisdom teeth grow at a right angle to the other teeth, only when the wisdom tooth is lying down within the jawbone
- Grow at an angle toward the back of the mouth
Diagnosis of an impacted wisdom tooth
In this condition, you must visit the specialist to get a proper check-up. He may examine your teeth with the help of an X-ray to see whether teeth are impacted or not. He also examines whether teeth are in good condition or not.
Treatment for an impacted wisdom teeth
- If you are suffering from a severe condition, then your specialist may take them out.
- Or you may need to undergo the operation to remove the wisdom tooth. This surgical operation is known as wisdom tooth extraction.
- He may also recommend the surgery, this surgical procedure only takes a few hours to perform. And you can simply get back to your home the same day.
- Stages of the procedure-:
- Your specialist gives you local anesthesia in order to numb your mouth.
- It also gives you sedation anesthesia to block pain and relax you.
- General anesthesia also gives you so that you cannot feel anything during the procedure.
- During the surgical procedure, the specialist first makes an incision in your gums and tries to take out the bone which creates a problem. And then he removes the wisdom tooth and closes the incision with the help of stitches. This operation only takes 1 hour to complete.
- You can simply recover from this operation within 5-6 weeks. You can start eating within a week after getting treatment.
- In case, you are experiencing any type of pain, then you must take prescribed medications.